Tipptex Non-treated nonwoven is a range of needle punched nonwoven geotextiles optimally designed to offer greater thickness and elongations compared to standard needle-punched nonwovens. This makes them well suited for protection and drainage applications where a thick cushioning layer and high elongation are key requirements for the design.
Typical areas of use include the protection of valuable pipeline coatings during backfilling, as an erosion control layer under rock armour in coastal defence projects, and as a protective cushion layer in landfills and reservoirs. Due to its high thicknesses, the non-treated nonwoven geotextile will provide higher water flow in the plane values compared to standard needle-punched nonwoven geotextile, allowing it to also function as a drainage layer in some applications.
- Tensile strengths ranging from 20 kN/m to 100 kN/m combined with elongations of 80% or higher
- Available in weights from 300 to 1500 g/m²
- Fabric thicknesses up to 10 mm
- CBR puncture values up to 20 kN
- Produced using 100% virgin polypropylene staple fibres
- Project specific dimensions are available on request
- Pipeline protection
Features and benefits:
- Minimal 100 year durability
- High mechanical robustness
- Good cushion resistance combined with high elongation
- High resistance to puncture and abrasion
- Great water permeability combined with excellent filtration
- High resistance to UV degradation available within the range
- Significant reduction of carbon footprint and costs compared to traditional methods
Also available: a flame-retardant version, very well suited for use in protection and drainage applications where there is a high risk of exposure to flames, such as tunnels.